If you love the classic guitar music, please, click the black arrow here below.
Enchanting country house in the heart of Chianti region Florence province
- Breathtaking scenery
- Detached (last house at the end of the driveway), surrounded by a hectare of olive grove, ample parking.
- About 15 km from Florence center and airport (highway)
- The nearest grocery store is 800 meters
- The nearest village is at 1.5 km by road. Nearby are historic towns such as Siena, San Gimignano, Greve, Certaldo, Radda and Castellina in Chianti, Arezzo, Pisa;
- Nearby, a few kilometers there are golf courses, riding schools and sports centers.
- 80 km from the sea
- About1,250 sq.m.
- High level finishes, solid structure
- Not subject to constraints of Fine Arts.
- It can be used as a single unit or divided into several apartments with independent entrances and gardens (registered as 8 units)
- 37 rooms of which 27 are meticulously restored with original traditional Tuscan materials. Those partially restored have already been made ceilings and roofs), 1 to be renovated.
- On two floors and the tower dating back to 1100,
- 3 cellars and 1 large wine cellar, large terrace with a breathtaking, panoramic porch, well, ancient bread oven, wine cellar, cloister,
- Large courtyard, paved with ancient stone.
- Central heating LPG (the municipality is planning the connection with the
- Mains water.
- ADSL available.
Restoration: on demand vendors can team up to follow the renovations in order to give continuity to the work already done.
APARTMENT 1: finished (approx 500 sqm), consisting of: 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms plus one predisposed, 2 halls with a fireplace, 1 living room with fireplace, 1 Tuscan kitchen with fireplace, 1 basement, 2 panoramic terraces, 1 cloister, well, oven, loggia, large stone yard, electricity, heating, water. indipendent entrance, garden and facilities.
APARTMENT 2 finished (approx 185 square meters), consisting of: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 living room with fireplace, 2 corridors, 1 dressing room, 1 kitchen with fireplace typical Tuscan, prepared cellar, two rainwater cisterns, electricity, heating , water. indipendent entrance, garden and plants.
APARTMENT 3: restored (200 square meters), with bathrooms and two fireplaces. separate entrance.
APARTMENT 4: partially restored - roof and floor - facilities are lacking - (115 square meters approximately).
EX-VAT CELLAR 5: partially restored - roof and floor - facilities are lacking - (approximately 56 square meters).
TAVERN 6: partially restored - roof and floor - facilities are lacking - (approximately 48 square meters).
TAVERN 7: partially restored - roof and floor - facilities are lacking - (approx 28 sq m), external and independent.
COMMON SPACES 8: about 100 square meters.
APARTMENT 9: be restored (70 sqm).
The important historical complex, unique in the area, was born in 1100 as a military watch tower, strategic for the numerous battles between Florence and Siena.
In 1300 it was expanded and transformed into a convent: it is said that an underground tunnel links it with the nearby ancient Parish Church (year 1000), whose bells, even today, are heard in the distance. In 1400 it was purchased by a Florentine noble.
The castle-convent offers a 360 °, with its 310 meters above sea level, one of the most beautiful valleys of Chianti, the one of the Pesa river that runs through the gentle and silent features Tuscan hills, bordered by a relaxing and romantic walkway through woods and meadows.
The noble building is made with ancient techniques, using river stones and harmonizes with vineyards and olive groves that surround it, all enriched by a rich fauna (hares, pheasants, deer and squirrels). We are in much desired land of Chianti Gallo Nero wine known and appreciated worldwide for its perfumes and flavors. There are many tourists who visit and savor the magic atmosphere of these places.
The location is ideal: last house of a private road, completely independent but not isolated. Inside you can admire an ancient portico supported by slender columns and elegant capitals in stone: it is a splendid summer living area, a large internal terrace, from which we can enjoy breathtaking views and beautiful sunsets behind the beautiful peaks of the Apuan Alps.
In 1983 the new owners have made a meticulous conservative restoration (original wooden beams of oak or chestnut, terracotta floors of 1400, large yard sandstone original), door frames and windows always with stone coats of arms of noble families who inhabited.
The interiors have impressive features: a bath built inside the ancient tower is considered the most beautiful of its kind in Italy; three cellars with vaulted stone can also be used as a beautiful taverns; the wine cellar with capitals and original oak beams has large niches where once were propped the large vats; they are 7 the fireplaces that heat and give life to various environments, passing on their history with the coats of arms of noble families (others can be made); the massive oak doors with original locks divide the various rooms, a furnace of 1400 dominates the porch, the impressive ancient wine press in oak wood, was used for pressing oil.
This prestigious property lends itself to be divided into several units with independent entrances and gardens.
_Complete documentation and asking price are available upon request: REQUEST
You can also join MyJewel Club
You can also join MyJewel Club